Laser Hair Removal is a method to permanently remove unwanted hair from your body. Unlike temporary hair removal methods waxing or hair removing cream, this method is painless, permanent, and very cost-effective in the long run. The process of reducing hair through laser takes multiple sessions for the hair growth to completely stop.
For treatment to be successful and effective with minimal potential adverse effects possible, you must follow the aftercare routine. This would also include certain steps that one should take care of after each session. Some of the tips for aftercare would be:
What to do after your treatment?
- You should apply an ice pack to the treated area to reduce pain, discomfort, or irritation.
- You should apply aloe vera gel or calming creams for 3 days after the treatment.
- You should wear loose clothes to avoid friction on the treated area for 48 hours.
- You should keep the treated area clean and dry for 48 hours.
- You should drink plenty of water.
- You should use at least SPF 50 sunscreen with Zinc for at least 2 weeks.
What to avoid after treatment?
- The sun and its harmful UVA and UVB rays may irritate the treated area. So it is advised, to avoid the sun for at least a week after each session. Also this is to minimize the darkening of the skin (hyperpigmentation).
- The laser treatment works on the principle of using heat to destroy hair follicles. Avoid heat treatments such as spas, steam rooms, and saunas for 7 days. Heat would lead to irritation of the treated area.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing/ scratching or applying pressure or shaving to the treated area for 4-5 days. This is to allow the treated skin to recover and to prevent any infection as this can cause scarring.
- Avoid exercising for at least 48 hours. It is advised not to indulge in any strenuous activities, raising the body temperature can also affect you treated skin.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals like bleach on your skin, especially the face, can irritate the treated area. Wait for a minimum of 24 hours before using any makeup after each session. Avoid waxing, tweezing, and threading for the complete duration of the treatment course.
Looking for Laser Hair Removal in Delhi NCR? Get the Painless and Scar less service by certified Dermatologist and Homeopath Dr. Anima Mishra. The Hair Removal Clinic in Indirapuram is a complete and all-inclusive advanced skin clinic fortified with the newest and modern equipment.